How many kilometers is it from Da Nang to Hoi An, what are the means of transportation available, and how much does it cost? Below are some helpful tips for traveling to Hoi An from Da Nang.
Many tourists often combine their trips to Da Nang and Hoi An because the distance between the two places is relatively close, so the transportation from Da Nang to Hoi An is also of great interest to many people. If you are also looking for this information, don’t miss the following article!
How long does it take to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An? What are the most common routes from Da Nang to Hoi An?
How many kilometers is it from Da Nang to Hoi An? The distance from Da Nang to Hoi An is about 30km to the south, and the travel time will depend on the means of transportation, specifically:
- Motorbike: 45-50 minutes
- Bus: 70 to 80 minutes
- Car: 45-55 minutes, which can be faster or slower depending on traffic conditions.
To get to Hoi An from Da Nang, there are 5 common routes to choose from:
- Route 1: Truong Sa – Vo Nguyen Giap/Lac Long Quan – Hoi An City
- Route 2: Vo Chi Cong – Lac Long Quan/Vo Nguyen Giap – Hoi An City
- Route 3: follow National Highway 1A south for about 27km – Vinh Dien – turn left onto Huynh Thuc Khang Street – Hoi An City
- Route 4: Le Van Hien – Danang Provincial Road – Hoi An – Hoi An City
- Route 5: Nguyen Huu Tho – Nguyen Tri Phuong Bridge – Vo Chi Cong – Tran Hung Dao/Nguyen Tat Thanh – Hoi An City.
Cheap transportation from Da Nang to Hoi An – Public Bus.
If you’re looking for a cheap way to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An, taking a public bus is a reasonable option. Additionally, the buses in Da Nang operate continuously, so you can be flexible with your schedule and easily arrange your own itinerary.
Currently, the bus from Da Nang to Hoi An departs from two points:
Bus from central Da Nang to Hoi An:
Route: Da Nang Central Bus Station – Ton Duc Thang – Dien Bien Phu – Le Duan – Tran Phu – Trung Nu Vuong – Nui Thanh – Nguyen Van Troi Bridge – Ngu Hanh Son – Le Van Hien – Hoi An Bus Station.
- Ticket price: 20,000 VND/way.
- Frequency: 1 bus every 20 minutes.
- Operating time: 5:30 am – 5:50 pm daily.
Bus from Da Nang airport to Hoi An:
Suitable for those who want to go directly from Da Nang airport to Hoi An city.
- Children under 5 years old: free.
- Children from 5 years old and above: 64,000 VND/person.
- Adults: 127,000 VND/person.
- Operating time: 5:00 am – 11:00 pm.
- Advantages: affordable price, spacious and modern bus, enthusiastic and friendly drivers.
Tips for traveling from Da Nang to Hoi An by car.
When choosing Grab/Taxi from Da Nang to Hoi An, the advantage is convenience and speed, but the price is relatively high, around 350,000 – 430,000 VND one way, so this means of transportation will not be suitable for tourists who are looking to save costs for their trip.
Here are some top taxi companies in Danang and their phone numbers:
- Mai Linh Taxi: +84 236 3 56 56 56
- Vinasun Taxi: +84 236 3 68 68 68
- Tien Sa Taxi: +84 236 3 72 72 72
- Sun Taxi: +84 236 3 65 65 65
- Song Han Taxi: +84 236 3 72 72 72
Rent a car.
In the case that you are traveling with family or a large group of people, you can rent a car from Da Nang to Hoi An to save a considerable amount of money (about 20-40% cheaper than taking a taxi/Grab) and ensure privacy. The rental prices for a car will typically fall into the following ranges:
- 4-5 seater car: 350,000 VND/one way.
- 7-seater car: 550,000 VND/one way.
- 16-seater car: 700,000 VND/one way.
If you want to book a private car from Danang airport to Hoi An with a team of professional drivers who can speak English and assist you on your trip.
Carpooling simply means that you rent a car and share it with one or several strangers in order to reduce the cost of transportation. The number of people in the car is usually from 2-7 people, maximum of 16 people depending on the type of car you rent. Carpooling usually starts from Da Nang airport to Hoi An or from the train station. The reference price for carpooling from Da Nang to Hoi An is:
|Range of vehicle||Price for pairing (VND/person)|
|4 seater car||140.000|
- Prices are subject to change at different times and pick-up locations.
- If you go at night or early in the morning, you need to contact the reservation before 21:00 the day before.
- When booking a car successfully, there will be a confirmation message via zalo, email or phone number you registered.
Traveling from Da Nang to Hoi An by motorbike
A popular choice among young travelers for their Da Nang-Hoi An journey to experience new roads, scenic views and capture many unforgettable moments that cannot be obtained when traveling by car.
There are two suitable routes for motorbike travel that you should take note of to make your journey to Hoi An more convenient:
- Route 1: National Highway 1 – Vinh Dien Road – Turn left into Hoi An – Huynh Thuc Khang Street.
- Route 2: Da Nang city center – Han River Bridge – Da Nang Provincial Road – Hoi An – Hoi An City.
From Danang to Hoi An, tourists should not miss the opportunity to visit unique tourist attractions in Hoi An such as the Japanese Covered Bridge, Tan Ky Old House, Phuc Kien Assembly Hall, Cua Dai Beach, and explore the entertainment paradise for all ages VinWonders Nam Hoi An – a place that brings diverse and unique cultural experiences.